The Denka TFE is a thermal field emitter that features a composite layer of zirconium and oxygen on the tip of a <100> oriented single-crystal of tungsten. This composite layer serves to reduce the work function of tungsten.
The Denka TFE offers a brightness level 100 times greater than the conventional LaB6 thermionic cathode, and an energy width one-fifth less than LaB6. Therefore the Denka TFE is ideally suited for a variety of equipment that employ electron beams, such as the low accelerating SEM.
- Low accelerating SEMs
- High resolution SEMs
- Electron beam testers
- Electron beam exposure equipment
- Extremely good resolution due to high level of
- Long service life
- Very stable emission current
- Wide range of curvature of tip radius selections between 0.25 and 0.5?
- 2 x 10-9 torr (2.66 x 10-7 Pa) or less.
Denka TFE Cathodes are available for all brands of Electron Beam Guns in all applications
Typical TFE Cathode Emission